Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Learning From Others

One of the great things about our forum is that I am constantly learning from everyone. Just the other day I came across this great entry by a fellow member and I wanted to share. Enjoy!

There are several secrets that SUCCESSFUL WAHM's know... Would you like to know what they are????

1. Working at home actually takes WORK. That's the TRUTH. No matter WHAT business you choose, NOTHING will work unless YOU do. It never ceases to amaze me the amounts of women who actually turn down a good opportunity b/c they believe that there is a REAL business out there that is FREE to start, takes NO effort to build, earns HUGE income in no time at all, and you NEVER have to speak to a living soul (it's all done through the website!) YEAH RIGHT!!! If ya'll find that, let me know!

2. You must truly LOVE what you do. You can't just be in it for the money because the TRUTH is, that eventually someone else will come along that loves money MORE than you do and they will out run you. Can you answer this question honestly: If I make NO money with this opportunity, would I still PERSONALLY use/buy this product/service? If you can't answer YES, then no one else will.

3. Sometimes, you must accept a period of imbalance in order to reach long term goals. The TRUTH is that initially, you might have to give up something that you LIKE in order to obtain something significant for someone you LOVE. This applies in ALL areas of life. I didn't just show up at college and say, "Ok. I'm here. Give me my degree and I'll be on my way." (I wish!). It took years of hard work and sacrifice to get that education. Why would we expect a business to be any different? Even though my children were small when I started, I sat down when them and my husband to explain WHY mommy was going to be working from home and what I needed/expected from them. As my children have gotten older, I've used a rewards system to elicit their cooperation. (a trip to the dollar store, a family vacation, 30 minutes extra TV at bed time, etc.) After all, mine is a FAMILY business and it can't be done successfully without my entire family's support.

4. Success leaves clues. The TRUTH is, the BEST way to be SUCCESSFUL is to watch and learn from someone who is ALREADY doing what you want to do. Then, do what THEY do! If you're merely curious, keep on dreaming of success. If you're SERIOUS, let's TEAM UP and MAKE it happen! May you obtain ALL you work for...

Edie McRae--WAHM of 2
www.BringMomHomeNow.com
I'm just an ORDINARY mom with EXTRAORDINARY ambition!

No comments: