Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday's Efficiency Tip

Join us as we explore ways to make our lives and business more efficient. Every Tuesday we will share a new tip, so be sure to check back!!

Business Notebook

If you're anything like me, you write names, phone numbers, dates and other important information on little pieces of paper that can be found all over the house! It's great to jot things down, but if you can't find them, well...!

In my former career, real estate, I quickly learned that I had to have my notes, phone numbers and daily "to-do" list in one place. I purchased a medium size spiral notebook and recorded everything in that book. Whether it was jotting down a message (with phone number), making a "note to self" or listing my daily chores, I made sure it was all in one place. The great thing about doing this was that I always had records of names and phones numbers and would often flip through my pages to find a number that I really needed.

I have carried this tradition into my home based business and really benefit from it. I have a small notebook that sits at my desk where I record everything from phone numbers, ID and passwords to my daily "to-do" list. I have found that I no longer have tons of sticky notes or individual pieces of paper floating around. It has really simplified my life and made it more efficient!

I also have a mini notebook in my car. It is really helpful for jotting down phone numbers or even writing down business ideas when they pop into my head. Of course after reading Kim's post about Driving Mistakes, you might want to consider pulling over before writing!!

Make it a point to purchase a notebook and see how convenient and efficient it is to keep everything in one place! Until next time!

No comments: