Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday's Efficiency Tip

Join us for the Tuesday Efficiency Tip! Check back each week for easy ways to make your life and business more efficient!

Emailing

If you're anything like me, you can easily spend hours reading, responding or creating emails. Often times email is my only source of communication to the outside world and therefore, I enjoy it! And while emails may be a vital part to my business and social life, the time consumed on them may not be the most cost efficient. If you struggle with emails as much as I do, it may be wise to do the following.

1. Evaluate just how much time you spend doing email related work.
Track yourself for the day, you may be surprised how much time you spend reading emails. After evaluating, ask yourself, "Is this the best use of my time." If it's not, then cut back.

2. Limit your email time. I will often set a time limit (or even a timer) so that I am fully aware of my schedule and limits. Stick to your time frame so that you will have plenty of time for the other important tasks in your daily life!

3. Schedule when you will read, respond, and create emails. I often times find it easier to read and respond to emails than work on all of the pressing and often times, money making projects. In order not to waste time, I often make a rule that I won't even open my email until my priority jobs are finished. If I don't have the distraction, I don't miss it and usually get my work done a lot faster...leaving plenty of time for emails!

Hopefully these tips will help you become more efficient in your life and business. Until next time!

No comments: